Note from May Meeting from Jane M
Firstly changes to the committee.
· Sue Brown is stepping back after many a year at the helm and Pamela Smith also recently resigned. They have our sincere thanks for all their contributions and work for the group. I especially have appreciated Sue’s support in these early months.
· Ursula has offered to join the committee so we are now just 4;
· more would be very welcome, please consider if this is something you could do, and chat to one of us about it.
Regarding the summer outing to Lullingstone Quilt & Craft Festival on 16 July; we need to commit to a coach booking this week.
· If you want to go, and maybe bring a friend too, please let me have your confirmation tonight so I get the right size coach for all of us, and your money to me by Wednesday. The Groups BACS details are in Benta’s recent email.
· The cost is heavily subsidised from previous exhibition funds and is £20 per person.
· No refunds after coach is booked. Coach will leave from Kew as before.
· If anyone is a Guild member and can book discounted tickets for us that will be a considerable saving and not dig so deep into our reserves.
We’ve had to make a few changes to the Programme. The Magic techniques workshop is moved to July, and Plum has offered to show making embellished tissue holders in June.
The June meeting will also be a Special General meeting when, as agreed at December’s AGM, we consider the future of the group –subscriptions, activities, location and so on. There will be a full email with the Committee’s proposals for this, please do let us have your feedback and thoughts and hopefully we can set ourselves up for a sustainable and enjoyable future.